The One Big Unanswered Question About Rob Render:
Our family wants to know how JPD eliminated Rob Render as a suspect in the disappearance of Brian Carrick. This is a simple and reasonable request for us to make because of the following facts:
1) ONLY Render's blood and bloody fingerprint were at the crime scene with Brian’s. Neither Mario nor Shane Lamb had any of their blood or fingerprints a...t the crime scene.
2) ONLY Render told a witness, a week before the attack on Brian, that he disliked Brian and was planning to attack Brian with a weapon.
3) ONLY Render was the person Brian Carrick was looking for when he entered Val’s for the last time before his disappearance because Render owed him money.
4) ONLY Render said he was cut in the attack on Brian and went in bathroom to bandage himself.
5) ONLY Render claimed that when the garbage was dumped he saw “legs” and “feet” in a garbage bag that “theoretically” could have belonged to Brian Carrick.
6) ONLY Render knew that there had been a knife attack outside of the cooler. (Render claimed that Shane Lamb cut him with a knife outside the produce cooler).
7) ONLY Render was missing for 1-2 hours that night.
8) ONLY Render was not eating in the pizza break room with Mario, Eddie and others from 6:45 to 7.
9) ONLY Render’s clothes were seized from his garbage on 12/26/02 by the JPD and ISP but never tested.
10) ONLY Render was seen by the mop room after the incident with a mop and the Cooler was mopped that night which we never did.
11) ONLY Render asked Lorenzo Vallone, before 7 p.m., for the key to the southeast exit door paddle lock.
12) ONLY Render left the key in the southeast exit door.
13) ONLY Render’s blood was found in 3 places on the southeast exit door.
14) ONLY Render was wearing pants that were observed to have wet red stains on them.
15) ONLY Render was found to have $100 in cash in his pocket later that night even though he was not allowed to have cash and Brian Carrick was known to have $100 in his pocket
16) ONLY Render appeared at the store Saturday morning at 8 a.m. and continued cleaning up the cooler.
17) ONLY Render quit work the day after Brian disappeared.
18) ONLY Render was caught and fired for stealing liquor from Val’s. Our family was kind enough to re-hire him.
19) ONLY Render had multiple interviews with Chief Von Allmen that were never transcribed or turned over.
20) ONLY Render had a court appearance on December 20, 2002, for a misdemeanor possession.
21) ONLY Render stated immediately after the incident that there had been a fight in the cooler.
We are not accusing Render of being the murderer, rather we are asking for the answers to the key question : How was Render eliminated as a suspect in the case. To date, the only explanation provided by the State’s Attorney is that Jacob Kepple’s floor mats did not test positive for blood after being taken from Kepple a full week after Brian disappeared. We know Render’s shoes had blood on them and we know he then walked around for at least an hour after Brian disappeared and we know he cleaned up the Cooler that night so it is not likely his shoes would leave blood on Kepple’s car mats.
We are requesting DNA testing on the underwear found in the ceiling so that there is no question that Render’s blood is not present on the underwear. We will pay for the DNA testing. Anyone who is innocent should have no fear of DNA testing or further investigation about who killed Brian Carrick.
The Casciaro Family